Using your *edited Word Manuscripts & Vellum, Unicorn Cats Publishing Services can create ebook and print files for fiction, non-fiction, and poetry books. I will format your manuscript to upload to Amazon and other platforms. I will also provide you with digital files: ePub & PDF.
*Please note: If your manuscript is unedited, Unicorn Cats Publishing Services reserves the right to reject your manuscript.
Please create your Word Manuscript using the industry standards on Amazon for KDP & Print books. Please use Heading 1 in your manuscript for chapter titles. Also, use a page break to define the chapters. Please remove the Table of Contents from your edited Word Manuscript. If I reformat your manuscript, the price increases. Thank you.
eBook Manuscript Formatting Guide
How to Format a Book Manuscript
Organize your book chapters using these standards: Kindlepreneur: Parts of a Book (From Cover to Cover)
Miscellaneous information about KDP Select on Amazon and the KU program: KU vs. Wide
Information about LARGE print books
Send to Kindle apps Link (You can send PDF’s to your Kindle for reading or book reviewing)
Learn about Font Copyright Laws for your Print books
Proofing your ePub
To view the Kindle version of your ebook, you will need to use Amazon’s Kindle Previewer utility, as this is the only way to preview your book with Amazon’s Enhanced Typesetting. To proof your Kindle ebook:
- Start Kindle Previewer and then press Open Book. Select Kindle E-Reader option.
- Select the Kindle ePub file generated by Vellum, then wait for Kindle Previewer to convert your file.
Once conversion is complete, Kindle Previewer will display how your book will appear on example Kindle devices.
Note: Always use the Kindle epub with Kindle Previewer, which is the same file you will upload to KDP. Kindle Previewer will display a warning if you open a mobi file.
Proofing Your Print Edition
For your print edition, you can use the Preview utility that comes with your Mac. You can typically open your PDF in Preview by just double-clicking it.
For Windows-based systems, view your print PDF through Adobe, or another program. You can view your print book on your Amazon Author Bookshelf when you are uploading it to Amazon.com.
For a Quote…
Please provide an edited manuscript to receive a quote for an ePub. Editing is not part of the price. If you want me to do editing, the cost increases. Please Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Please provide an edited manuscript to receive a quote for the print book. Editing is not part of the price. If you want me to do editing, the cost increases. Please Email me at email@example.com for a quote.
eBook & Print Book Combined
I will negotiate a price after I’ve viewed the manuscript. We will work together to determine the best price for your project.
I can create a low-cost Kindle and print book covers using Canva.com. Please contact me for a quote, as the complexity of the covers governs the price. As an author myself, I aim to keep prices low while still offering an eye-catching cover for your book.
If you’re looking for quality eBook & print book publishing services, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the contact form.
Unicorn Cats Publishing Services shares a commitment to quality publishing. I’ve joined the Midwest Independent Publishers Association and will uphold Industry Standards and adhere to these codes of ethics:
Code of Ethics (from http://www.ibpa-online.org/page/MissionVision)
A commitment to professionalism, confirming IBPA’s collective belief that the production of content of lasting financial and/or cultural value is just as important as securing open markets for this content.
As part of the independent publishing community, IBPA members pledge to the following CODE OF ETHICS:
- To uphold the highest standards of our industry, to create works of lasting financial and/or cultural value, and to pursue editorial, design, and production excellence.
- To respect the rights of authors and other creators and stakeholders, to observe all copyright laws and conventions, and to never knowingly publish plagiarized work.
- To reward authors and contributors for their work, to be honest in our financial dealings, to write contracts in understandable language, to resolve all disputes promptly and fairly, and to foster equal opportunity in our workplaces.
- To not mislead readers or buyers with false promises, inflated sales data, or manipulated reviews.
- To not publish works of hate speech1, or works that encourage discrimination, oppression, or violence.
- To recycle and reuse and to follow green practices whenever possible.
Member: Midwest Independent Publishers Association
Industry Standards Checklist for a Professionally Published Book: ibpa-online.org